Delicious and nutrient-packed quesadillas!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 3 quesadillas
- 1 cup Creamy Vegan Cashew Cheese or can sub any other creamy vegan cheese
- 3 cups arugula (about 2 handfuls), finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized crispy apple, diced my favorites are Honeycrisp, Pink Lady, or Jazz
- 2 cloves garlic, minced of pressed
- 6 gluten-free tortillas or you can use regular, if you don’t need a gluten-free option
- 1/2 tsp neutral oil such as canola , grapeseed, or avocado
- 1 avocado, roughly chopped
- 1 tomato, roughly chopped
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
To a medium-sized salad bowl, add the chopped arugula, diced apple, and pressed garlic. Mix ingredients together so that everything is well combined. You can do this step in a food processor as well.
Heat a skillet over medium heat with a small amount of oil. Use an oil sprayer, if you have one available. Place one tortilla on the skillet at a time to warm it up then flip it, cooking for about 1 minute per side. Scoop about 2-3 tablespoons of Creamy Cashew Cheese into the middle of the tortilla and use the back of a spoon to spread it. Continue with the rest of the tortillas, adding cheese to each one.
To assemble the quesadilla, place a tortilla with cheese back on the skillet and top with one third of the arugula/apple/garlic mixture, distributing it evenly. Press another tortilla on top (cheesy side down) and heat through.
Optional: To create a quick salad, roughly chop the avocado, tomato, and red onion. Add all ingredients to a small bowl and mix together.
Slice the quesadillas into 8 triangles and serve with the optional salad and a wedge of lime.
These quesadillas store well in the refrigerator and can be reheated in a skillet or, for extra crunch, place in an oven at 350°F for about 10 minutes.