These energy bars are a delicious go-to snack that is easy to make, with no baking required. Simple, wholesome ingredients with a great flavor that everyone will love!
I created these Energy Oat Bars for my entire family to enjoy. I leave the chocolate off a small section and those bars are for my kid. The rest – for us!
They require very little work, just a food processor and a few ingredients that we always have on hand in the pantry. The base is simply made of dates, peanut butter, and oats.
The blackstrap molasses is a good source of calcium and magnesium and it provides a depth of flavor to the bars. Hemp seeds are a great source for omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, protein, and many other nutrients. Feel free to add other toppings such as chia seeds, chopped walnuts, or dried fruit.
I roll out the mixture on a silicone pad to make it easy and quick to handle. But you can form balls
Melted chocolate spread on top makes these snack bars quite an indulgence – and I never skip it! Chocolate chips can be melted in the microwave or with a double boiler.
Once refrigerated, these bars hold up their shape quite well. Perfect for kid lunch boxes or a tea-time dessert!
No-Bake Energy Oat Bars
- Food processor
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips (optional)
- Combine oats, dates, peanut butter, and blackstrap molasses in a food processor. Process until a dough consistency forms.
- Roll out the mixture on a silicone pad or parchment paper. Press firmly as you roll, this will help the bars to hold their shape. Form a square approximately 9” x 9”.
- If adding chocolate, set up a double boiler to melt the chocolate chips. Then pour on to the rolled out mixture and spread it equally.
- Sprinkle the hemp seeds on top of the mixture (with or without the melted chocolate).
- Transfer to the refrigerator to allow everything to set, for around 15 minutes. Remove and cut into approximately 18 bars. These can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.